Our school social worker, school psychologist, and community partners provide mental health and supportive services to students who need assistance for any reason, from overcoming academic challenges to handling life-altering events.
Some of our services include:
- Helping students understand their learning style,
- Providing strategies and skills to help students improve their focus and concentration,
- Linking students to practical resources to help families gain access to food, clothing, and transportation,
- Providing therapeutic intervention to help students cope with stress and trauma,
- Leading small-group sessions to support students with relationship building,
- Providing substance abuse prevention and intervention, and
- Completing comprehensive assessments to help school teams make data-informed decisions.
To learn more about our services, please see our Here For You Mental Health Guide. To help you get the necessary support, the DCPS School Mental Health Team has developed a universal referral process. This process allows you to access all mental health and counseling supports in your school by completing one form. For information, contact our school social worker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office at 202-698-3838.